Tor browser is stopped starting /connecting by Windows Defender Controlled Folder access.
I have in Windows defender registrated the Tor Browser .exe file, but Windows Defender Controlled Folder access continues to stop Tor starting up.
After I turned the Control Folder OFF using the procedure below Tor Browser starts up normally.
- Select Start > Settings .
- Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
- Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
- Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
What settings in Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access are needed to have Tor Browser working normally again when the Controlled Folder turned ON.