It worked a few days ago, but now it doesn't. The tor network works, I think, running tor I get:
~ >>> sudo tor Nov 11 18:52:17.284 [notice] Tor 0.4.4.5 running on Linux with Libevent 2.1.12-stable, OpenSSL 1.1.1h, Zlib 1.2.11, Liblzma 5.2.5, and Libzstd 1.4.5. Nov 11 18:52:17.284 [notice] Tor can't help you if you use it wrong! Learn how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning Nov 11 18:52:17.284 [notice] Read configuration file "/etc/tor/torrc". Nov 11 18:52:17.289 [notice] Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050 Nov 11 18:52:17.289 [notice] Opened Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050 ~ >>>
If I run it again it says tor already running:
[warn] Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:9050: Address already in use. Is Tor already running?
But the browser won't open.
>>> ./start-tor-browser.desktop Launching './Browser/start-tor-browser --detach'...
and than nothing or without detach, it is also closes.
what I've tried:
- setting RunAsDaemon=1 as to Tor browser won't open (kali roling 2016.2)
- uninstalling, reinstalling (from tor website, from kpcyrd, from flatpak) as many recomanded.
- disabled firewall (I don't have antivirus, I should look for one)
- running as admin.
- changed permissions to the tor folders (to root/tor, tried both).
- restarted mt computer completely.
- trying to connect through vpn (though doesn't make a difference the network works, the browser doesn't.
- I've seem some people refer to XPCOM, webroot, setting LOGNAME, which I didn't quit get what the meaning is.
I would really appreciate any and all help.
my os is manjaro.