In response to the blocking of Tor in even more countries and organisations, I decided to set up a (private) bridge. I would like the bridge to:
- be accessible to users with strict outgoing connection filtering (in particular, blocking of access to non-standard ports)
- be as difficult to discover as possible (consider scanning of known ports for Tor protocol)
What would be the configuration of the bridge to best address these goals?
- What numbers to choose for OR and obfs4proxy ports?
- Does opening a DIR port on a bridge make sense, and if yes, on which port?
- Which ports to forward on the router?
- Does using IPv6 provide any benefit over just IPv4?
How to run an obfs4 bridge? provides some highlights but does not exactly answer the questions I have.