This question already has an answer here:

When I'm out of the country, I want to make it look like I'm still there without a different country IP address.

Is this possible and if so how please?

marked as duplicate by Andrew Lott, bastik, Sam Whited Dec 27 '13 at 15:28

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


You can use the ExitNodes directive in your torrc to specify which exit nodes your Tor may use. You can specify exit nodes by ip/mask, by nick or fingerprint, or by country. You can specify a country using the country code in curly brackets: {us} for United States, {ch} for Switzerland, etc..

Additionally, you can enable StrictNodes to make sure that Tor will stick to your specified exit nodes even if that means failure.

  • Could you tell me how to do this please or point me to instructions? Thanks. – step Dec 27 '13 at 18:34

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.